Who runs the world?
But there’s another, more impressive statistic that’s making Annie excited.“I’m also thrilled to say that this year 60 percent of the startups have a female founder or team member, which is almost double the industry average,” she said.The stats echo figures released in the Startup Muster 2015 – which stated that just 24 per cent of startups founded in 2014 were founded by females, despite women-led private tech companies achieving an ROI that’s 35 per cent higher than male-led companies.
The fast track to success
For muru-D alumni Nasir Ahsan, CEO and Co-founder of robot asset inspection company Abyss Solutions, the opportunity to fast-track his business is the biggest attraction of muru-D.
“muru-D has a track record of helping startups to get their show on the road. With muru-D we hope we can achieve in six months’ time, what we could only dream about achieving in years.
“We want to learn how to acquire clients quickly, which market segment to target first and how to strategically bootstrap our way into the next world,” he said.
So when the “startup storm” hits, Nasir and the other muru-D alumni will be among some of the brightest minds in Australia who can make it happen.
The muru-D Class of 2016
- Abyss Solutions. Provides automated (robotic) asset inspections with a specific focus on underwater assets, i.e. waterways and reservoirs
- Drive Yello. A service ensuring the efficient and reliable delivery of food by allowing food service businesses to search, book, manage, pay, train and monitor their delivery drivers
- ELLA. Educators Lifelong Learning App is a “fitbit” for teachers’ professional growth
- Fluid Education. Web and mobile app for schools, combining homework management, learning resources, student reporting, and communication into a single, unified experience
- Helian Systems. Software infrastructure for Internet of Things that connects sensors to existing business applications
- Our Little Foxes. Craft and activity box subscription for kids aged three to 10 years old
- Persollo. A tool that makes selling online, making donations or trading services quick and easy by using a simple URL
- Quberider. Allows experiments by students to be conducted in space using a technology ride sharing service to space aboard nano-satellites
- Simpla. Allows web developers to build better websites, web apps, and tools much faster by enabling edits to be made live on a page
- Uprise. A mobile app that provides preventative mental health support to employees and improves their productivity
muru-D help small businesses grow from the ground up.
Find out more about how muru-D can help your business and how to apply.Find Out More