In the majority of cases, when customers make contact, they’re looking for help. So make it easy for them to connect and find out exactly what they need. The primary method is via the Internet, so your website should have all the latest information — from simple things like contact details and the new season’s stock to demos and how-tos.
Be available and accessible
We’ve seen huge uptake of smart mobile devices coupled with mobile broadband data plans, so we know how important it is to make business information available on customers’ preferred platforms.
Good digital design is more about useability than bells and whistles: fancy design is irrelevant if it is incompatible with a device.
Research your market regularly ...
The strength of any social connection has a lot to do with being present and relevant. Find out which online social networks are most popular with your customers, then look at the type of content that matters most to them. If content doesn’t naturally fit with your business and your values then don’t share it.
As a minimum, be aware of the conversations taking place about your business through social channels.
Grow your website, social, SEO and more
Get online and succeed with Telstra Business Digital Marketing Services.Find out moreGrow your website, social, SEO and more
Research your market regularly so that you not only understand your competition, but how you might also differentiate your business. One of the best ways to build customer advocacy is to lift your online service to the next level. Consider the following:
- Free or flat-rate shipping to encourage buying
- A click-to-collect option for convenience of browsing then collecting products in person
- Same-day delivery for major freight distribution areas
- No-questions-asked returns on faulty products
- Special promotions for repeat/regular customers
Make your marketing budget go further
- More Channels. The distribution strategy associated with content is as important as the production of it. If you’re going to spend time and money creating a photo, video or article, think about how you’re going to distribute that across as many channels as possible.
- More Relevant. Search optimisation should be about presenting the most relevant information, but paid promotions are increasingly competitive. Aim to update the information your business communicates as often as possible in as many channels as possible to pick up ‘natural’ leads.
- More Discovery. Some phases of the customer experience are easier and more affordable to engage in. Look for opportunities to use free channels such as Instagram and Pinterest to drive discovery of new products, particularly as Facebook now has more of a pay-to-play model.